MEncoder

„MEncoder is a free command line video decoding, encoding and filtering tool released under the GNU General Public License. It is a close sibling to MPlayer and can convert all the formats that MPlayer understands into a variety of compressed and uncompressed formats using different codecs.“

MEncoder. (2008, February 23). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 18:57, April 5, 2008, from
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=MEncoder&oldid=193447614


My Blog List

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

[MEncoder-users] How to avoid A/V synchronisation pb

Hi,

First I apologize for my poor english.

My goal is to x264 2-pass encode one dvd title to one 700 M cd with ogg
vorbis sound (not very original...)

So in first I need to rip sound to know its size (SoundSize) to have
better bitrate calculation (700-SoundSize)*1024^2*8/t/1000

I've read the doc but I'm not sure about my method to avoid A/V
synchronisation pbs.

Here is my method :

1) rip audio to audio.ogg --> SoundSize --> bitrate

2) pass 1 :
mencoder dvd://1 -aid 128 -oac copy -vf [filters] -ovc x264
-x264encopts [options-pass1]turbo=2:pass=1 -o /dev/null

3) pass 2 :
mencoder dvd://1 -aid 128 -oac copy -vf [filters] -ovc x264
-x264encopts [options-pass2]:pass=2 -o out.avi

4) mkv creation...

My question is about "-ovc copy" in pass-1 and pass-2. Is it a good
choice to A/V synchronisation pbs or is there a better choice (I read
nosound is not a good choice).

Thanks in advance

--
Mxph

_______________________________________________
MEncoder-users mailing list
MEncoder-users@mplayerhq.hu
https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/mencoder-users

No comments:

PCBs

Links

Forex brokers, Forex online


Privacy Policy